How To Buy Rental Property With These Quick And Easy Steps
We Buy, Sell and Rent Houses - Company Message
My Blog

How To Buy Rental Property With These Quick And Easy Steps

How To Buy Rental Property With These Quick And Easy Steps

Learning how to buy rental property involves more than just grabbing the first available property and renting it to any tenant that comes along. You will have to prepare and plan for your buying process to make sure you get the perfect property for your needs. Follow these quick and easy steps to invest in real estate today.
Set Your Investment Goals Before You Begin
Understanding how to buy rental property means having a solid plan in place that you carry out to achieve your investment aims.
Come up with an investment plan based on your goals. If you want to rent out your property for the long run, you will be looking for a healthy cash flow instead of just a cheap price tag.
If you plan to rent the place as a stop gap measure, you can consider buying a cheap fixer upper to renovate while waiting for the house to appreciate in value.
How Much Can You Afford for Your Rental Property?
Determine ahead of time how much you can afford to pay. Do a good cost analysis based on property maintenance requirements, typical rents in the area, vacancy rates and so on.
Are you able to handle simple property repairs by yourself? If not, you should add another 5 to 10% to your estimated maintenance cost. Naturally a brand new rental property will rack up less maintenance costs than one which has seen better days.
Decide if You Want to Hire a Real Estate Agent
While you will have final say in whatever property you choose to buy, a real estate agent can be invaluable in providing professional advice on how to buy rental property. An experienced agent can also empower you with far more negotiating leverage than you would have on your own.
Get Yourself Pre-Approved for a Rental Property Loan
Before you go shopping for a rental property, you will have to get yourself pre-approved for a mortgage loan. This means finding a lender who is willing to grant you financing for your property investment in advance.
On the other hand you can choose to work with a good mortgage broker. You'll know just how much of a down payment will be coming out of your pocket and you'll have better negotiating leverage since you'll know exactly what your bottom line is.
Now it's Time for You to Shopping for a Property
Now you're ready to look at properties. For every property you evaluate, you'll want to consider:
- The cost of necessary repairs: Can you afford to keep it up?
- Location of the property: Is it likely to stay occupied?
- Neighbourhood rental rates: Are they profitable relative to the property price?

If you are looking for ready rent, you can look for a rental unit that's already occupied by long term tenants. You may also want to consider buying a multi-family unit and living on-site. This way your rental income may cover the whole mortgage and allow you to live virtually rent-free. It'll also be easier to monitor and maintain the property if you live on site.
Negotiate with the Property Seller and Close the Deal
Negotiate wisely. The seller may be willing to pick up some or all of the closing costs, depending on market conditions and the seller's own financial situation. Remember that you have more bargaining power in a saturated market and less when supply is down.
Make sure you have the property inspected. Even if you're buying a fixer upper, you don't want to be surprised down the road with a major and unexpected problem. Having the property professionally inspected can't guarantee this won't happen, but it can certainly help.
As you can tell, learning how to buy rental property involves having a solid plan and knowing what to do every step of the way. Make sure you do your homework and go into a deal with your eyes wide open.
Teo Zhenjie has been showing landlords how to manage their tenants and rental property effectively on Propertydo ( http://www.propertydo.com/ ). Visit his website today for step-by-step real estate guides, free resources and forms. Click here for more important tips on how to buy rental property: http://www.propertydo.com/buying-rental-property.html.

27 Comments to How To Buy Rental Property With These Quick And Easy Steps:

Comments RSS
property software on Monday, January 21, 2013 1:12 AM
I read your blogs and I agree with you and property managements software are very helpful for real estate.

lease office space Angel on Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:09 PM
Absolutely right. A property management software is very useful thing for us. It is very helpful for the maintenance of our property.

lease office space Angel on Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:11 PM
You are absolutely right. A property management software is very useful thing for us. It is very helpful for the maintenance of our property.

Coolum Holiday Accommodation on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:17 AM
I am happy to find this content very helpful and informative for me, as it contains lot of accurate detailing about the topic, which I was searching for. Thanks a lot and good luck.

software for developers on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:17 AM
thanks for providing this useful and important information.

Real estate websites on Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:08 AM
I really liked the way you highlighted some really important points.

Romantic Getaways Sunshine Coast on Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:13 AM
Fantastic blog post and very useful information. I must appreciate the brilliant work by brilliant writer. Keep blogging. Best of luck

Burleigh Heads hotels on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:16 AM
You provides so valuable information for us. That was so well written and handy blog. It was so descriptive blog. Thanks for that.

Student Houses Birmingham on Friday, April 5, 2013 7:37 AM
You blog post is just completely quality and informative. Many new facts and information which I have not heard about before. Keep sharing more blog posts.

Mortgage Payment Calculator on Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:44 AM
You are a blogger and now my inspiration. I just love the blog post. Its very informative, interactive and quality content. I wish you all good luck for your coming blogs and posts. Keep sharing!

Mortgage Payment Calculator on Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:44 AM
I must say the blog post is just useful for everyone else reading it because the information and knowledge it contains is very important. I like the post! Excellent job! Keep sharing such valuable information through your blogs. There some very impressive points in your blog. I must appreciate your excellent work. I find the blog post very interesting and moreover very informative. I am thinking to write a piece on related topic. Will definitely share it and waiting to read some more interesting blogs from you.

sare club terraces on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:32 AM
Thanks for such a great blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of information written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the watch out for such information.

real estate crm on Friday, June 14, 2013 6:07 AM
Wow, this was a top quality post. In theory I'd like to write like this too, taking time and real effort to make a good article.

Quick Property Sale in London on Friday, June 21, 2013 3:55 AM
Nice to read this article regarding to buy the rental property with the mentioned easy steps. Thanks a lot and good luck.

lease office space Angel on Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:38 PM
Really a useful post for me. A property management software is very helpful thing for us for the maintenance of our property.

panchsheel hynish on Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:01 AM
I am already acquainted with most of them. Most but not good enough, should be all of them . Will remedy this situation ASAP. Thanks again.

panchsheel hynish on Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:01 AM
I personally think your article is awesome! I am intrigued with much of your information and am persuaded to agree with you after reading your material. I’m hoping you’ll add more articles on this topic.

panchsheel hynish on Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:01 AM

RES on Friday, September 6, 2013 11:14 PM
Very fascinating website. I located you on Yahoo. I’ll be sure to advocate this to my co-workers. Maintain up the wonderful function.

Condominium Singapore on Saturday, September 7, 2013 3:46 AM
A perfect info source. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic

Aruba accommodation on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:45 PM
I have certainly a few things in this article. Thank you very much for sharing and please post some articles like this.

sare club terraces on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:31 AM
I have to say I am very impressed with the way you efficiently website and your posts are so informative motive. You have really have managed to catch the attention of many it seems, keep it up!

jm florance on Sunday, October 27, 2013 11:08 PM
Wonderful issues altogether, just won a new reader. What can you suggest about the view that you just made a few days in the past? All right?

Rome accommodation on Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:13 AM
well said, sound of article is really awesome and providing rental house at Rome and Paris.

Homes Dubai on Monday, October 7, 2013 5:17 PM
In this property market we need to attract tenants to the property and encourage a decision of taking out a new lease. In the case of new tenant occupancy, the landlord may choose to provide some incentive which could be by way of rent-free, a new fit out, or reduced rental.

jm florance on Sunday, October 27, 2013 11:06 PM
I used to be suggested this blog by my cousin. I do not know whether or not this submits is written by him as nobody else recognize target my problem. You are incredible! Thank you!

villas for sale kusadasi on Saturday, December 21, 2013 5:47 AM
It is extremely helpful for me. Thank you for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information?